Subject: [Leica] R8 winder/motor update: UGH!
From: "David P. Freedman" <dpfreedman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 10:47:17 -0500

I just got off the phone with Neils Thorsen at Leica.  Though I called
about a different issue, I had to ask about the R8 winder/motor
situation.  The scoop is as follows:  Executives from Leica, Germany
were in NJ visiting yesterday and their best guesstimate is that the
winder will be released in February '98 with the motor to follow "some
time after the summer".  I don't know about you other R8 owners out
there but I think this is nothing less than appalling.

Dave F.