Subject: [Leica] Magnum Photos Website +
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 14:33:29 -0500 (EST)

Dear Colleagues,

There are two types of Websites. One that has the goods. And one that talks
about the goods with a price tag. I avoid the latter like the plague.

I find that most institutional Websites do present the goods. There are those
rare commercial sites that present tasteful essays on the goods, containing
the best of them. That's a fair compromise.

Perhaps at this early stage we should discuss Websites that relate to Leica
prints vis a vis this sense of purpose.

Does anyone recall when PBS-TV presented brief institutional ads? Now they
run full product commercials, and because of it a certain spirit has departed
from PBS. Most of NPR radio has held the line with institutional spots only.
But I'm a radio and Leica user, so ...

Bob