Subject: Re: [Leica] WA infinity performance
From: Tom Kline <tkline@grizzly.pwssc.gen.ak.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 13:45:11 -0900

>The original 35ASPH is so equal in performance to the current one that a
>discussion about the differences amounts to asking for the impossible.
>Their are some diffeneces but not for us mortals.
>I propose you try the 35/1,4-ASPH for your purposes.
>Erwin

Thank you Erwin for another great contribution!

 Photographing the stars under a very clear night may be  a  way to assess a=
 lens' infinity performance. I took a class in microscopy a number of years=
 ago. The professor had a star microscope slide he used to test for=
 microscope lens aberations. Small points of light in both cases.
Tom