Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Picasso and Duncan re Leica M's
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 23:08:32 -0600

At 09:12 AM 12/16/97 -0500, you wrote:

>As far as silent cameras? Bob told me that the world's
>greated Leica repair person is Norman Goldberg in Wisc.
>Norman would take a Leica apart and put it together in
>such as way as to make it work smoother and quieter.
>I think Genius, was a word Bob used to describe Norman's
>Leica ability. Ed Meyers

Mr. Goldberg worked for Leica before he went out on his own. Back in the
"good old days."

I guess the good old days are always some time before now, eh?

I've used him many times, he is faster than anybody else. I sent an R4 one
time to him on a Thursday from Missouri, and had it back from him the next
Monday (four days) in Oregon!

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength
that will endure as long as life lasts.

Rachel Carson