Subject: [Leica] Is that Buick an F/1 or 1.4?
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 17:19:56 -0800

For the past five years General Motors, as owner of Hughes Aircraft, as
owner of ELCAN, has made various Leica lenses for Leica, including I am
told the 50/1.1  and 75/1.4 and 90/2.8.

All of that changes tomorrow, as Hughes sells Elcan to Raytheon.   The
existing manufacturing agreement between Elcan and Leica will also soon
be up.

So far I have been unable to confirm that Elcan production may be pulled
back to Germany and taken over by the R8 Motor engineers and project
managers ------ replacing current lenses with a new series of
"Invisible" lenses to complement their already famous "Invisible" R8
Motor.

Stephen Gandy