Subject: [Leica] Re:
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 21:05:08 -0500

Good question, but then I was looking in a book about lenses, and I saw the
diagrahm of the Hologon 16mm/f8! A wide angle, but what a chuck of glass-
the computer designed lens has so much glass in it that there is no room for
an aperture/iris!

might it have something to do with the film coverage of the lens? All the
most wide open lenses, like the Canon f/0.95 and the Leitz f/1 seem to be
the prime focal length, or close to it.