Subject: Re: [Leica] Infinity focus tip
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 23:59:30 -0500

At 12:06 AM 12/17/97 -0800, you wrote:

Jim:

So perhaps my practice is just making the most of DOF. Thanks.

Chuck Westphal of Canon explained to me that longer lenses with flourite
and other rare earth glass are made to focus past infinity because the
glass can expand in very warm situations, shifting the focus points. I'm
not sure I buy it.

Tom