Subject: Re: [Leica] Novoflex bellows & Leica IId
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 13:06:54 -0500

At 09:54 AM 12/18/97 -0700, Noel H Charchuk wrote:

>I rrecently acquired Novoflex bellows with reflex viewer for my screw
>mount Leica. Can anyone advise me on where to set my Elmar 3.5/50 and
>Summar 2/50? Do I set it at infinity and focus by moving bellows, or can I
>also focus with the lenses? Is the viewer WYSIWYG, am I seeing what my
>picture will be? Any advise would be appreciated as I would like to try
>some closeup work, and the bellows had no instructions. Also to get the
>mirror out of the way there are two small buttons to depress, there seems
>to be no way to do this automatically, and when assembled with the camera
>it is very close to the lens flange, and is difficult to function. Is
>there supposed to be another part here, is use a small plastic strip to
>flip the mirror up right now.

You're missing the release bridge, a clip which screws over the shutter
release and which simultaneously trips those two mirror buttons.  The
Novoflex part number is SYNAL.  You might wish to contact Novoflex in
Germany:  they made me a similar piece for my Contax housing a couple of
years back.  It's kind of nice when a company will reproduce a part which
has been out of production for 40 years!

Jem Kime just sent me the English instructions for this unit.  Noel, send
me your address and I'll send you a copy.  I also have the German IB.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!