Subject: Re: [Leica]Elmar 2.8/50 Collapsible
From: "Jeff Segawa" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 10:53:40 -0700

- -----Original Message-----
From: Steve Hickel <smhickel@x2.alliance.net>

>I like the small footprint of the lens with it in the body. Makes for an
>easy to carry camera and lens. No other lens currently sold by Leica offers
>that compactness. I learned something about storage in the bag. You mention
>the lens cap coming off, I burned up my battery in two days because as best
>I can figure the shutter was cocked and the way I had the M6 stored must
>have depressed the meter for a long time. The battery was dead after only
>using it a few times.

Oh yes, I like the lens very much too. The comparison to an enlarging lens
was not meant as disparagement, but of wonder--so small! No significant
complaints here.

Bummer about the M6 battery; I hope to get an M6 sometime (has anyone in the
US gotten a very clean one in the $1300 range recently?)  and I admit that
I'm very unlikely to keep the shutter set at "B" or keep the camera
uncocked, so for me, I guess if the battery goes dead, it goes dead. Seems a
waste though.

Jeff