Subject: Re: [Leica]Elmar 2.8/50 Collapsible
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 20:05:44 -0500

Jeff wrote:

<<<and I admit that I'm very unlikely to keep the shutter set at "B" or
keep the camera uncocked, so for me, I guess if the battery goes dead, it
goes dead. Seems a  waste though.>>>>>>

Jeff,

 the only time you require setting the shutter speed dial to "B" is when
the camera is in your equipment bag. It isn't necessary to have it set
there while you're carrying it around and working.

All it means it that when the camera is in your bag there wont be any
opportunity for the slightest pressure to turn on the meter that's all.

ted