Subject: [Leica] Re: [Lieca] Winogrand/blind shooting
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 18:41:36 -0800

At 06:52 PM 12/18/97 +0900, you wrote:

>OK Ted,
>
>So real men don't shoot "blind."  And can we not add that to the list that
>includes "real men don't crop," "real men don't use auto-anything,"
>etc.?  I, myself, the guy who started this beehive, have been guilty in a
>recent post to this list of promoting the notion that real men don't use
>in-camera meters!

>my moments and I take credit for them.  But if at all possible, I'll risk
>embarassment, if not life or limb, to check things out in the finder.
>
>Bruce Feldman

I think each photographic situation would have to be evaluated on it's own.
If you want photographs, and would be risking life and limb if you pointed
the camera at someone, seems to me shooting in a clandestine manner is
warranted. If the environment is reasonably benign, then take real pictures.

Jim