Subject: Re: [Leica] Retrofocus designs
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk (Jeremy Kime)
Date: 19 Dec 97 10:51:00 GMT

.> Were or are there any retrofocus LTM or M lenses, and if so was the
>design used to eliminate any fall off on the edges of the field?

Angenieux were the first (1950s) series manufacturers of retrofocus designs
and they made them available for LTM, such as their 35mm lens and later a
28mm I believe. Quite rare though. Later on (early/mid sixties) Komura also
made LTM lenses in retrofocus designs, such as their 35/2.5, again, I
suspect the design was primarily for SLRs and they accomodated them to LTM
fit.

jem