Subject: Re: [Leica]50/35 previsualisation
From: Bruce Feldman <feldman@tuj.ac.jp>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 14:43:50 +0900 (JST)

Jeremy,

I recall John Sexton (granted, he uses large format) saying in an article
or interview somewhere that he used one lens -- just one prime lens -- for
*six* years.  The idea was that it takes that long to really understand a
focal length.  Each focal length is really a different environment.  To be
able to look at the world and know your shot and take it is freeing in a
way.  It's like a basketball player who knows his shot and doesn't try to
be all over the floor fruitlessly and haphazardly.  I'm always amused at
these guys zooming in and out as if they're playing a trombone.  Doesn't
interest me.  Although, I might add, if I had to do it for a living; if
someone was throwing money at me, I'd be forced to change my tune.

Regards,

Bruce Feldman