Subject: Re: [Leica] point & shoot
From: Bruce Feldman <feldman@tuj.ac.jp>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 10:19:56 +0900 (JST)

As a point 'n shoot I use a hockey puck called the Konica Big Mini 301 I
bought in Japan.  I checked it out when I saw that Araki Nobuyoshi used
one to capture the expressions of children on the street.  His work was
blown up big for an exhibition and also published in, I think, Nippon
Camera and I was impressed.

I kid you not, this camera has been dropped and (accidentally) drop
kicked(!); it's slid across waxed floors into waiting walls, it's been
stepped on.  It's still ticking.

I load it with Neopan 1600 Presto b&w -- it has a curve that looks like
Tri-X and you get two extra stops, which helps with the f/3.5 lens.

Bruce Feldman