Subject: Re: [Leica] R4 question.
From: FIGLIO4CAP <FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 01:28:35 EST

Actually, years ago when I had the original Leicaflex and the SL, you could
barely give them away. I think I barely got a hundred dollars for them. Now I
see them going for 500 bucks and more. The R3 has received negative comments
and does not command a high price. I have two R3's, one R4 and an R6. In all
of the years since I have had R3's and I bought them when they first came out
I have never had any trouble with them - nothing! I have only had the light
seals replaced and the cameras cleaned and adjusted. The shutter is accurate
and the camera reliable - my opinion. Given the history of previous Leica SLR
prices, I would not be surprised to see the R3 show price appreciation. It
also a very cheap way to get into the Leica SLR system.
Bob