Subject: Re: [Leica] 50 Summicron questions
From: "Roy C. Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 15:59:50 -0500 (EST)

Based on the experience of just one bayonet-mount Summarit, I found the
lens far more susceptible to flare.  Also the internals did not age well,
and some sort of gunk appeared over the inner elements.  My "poor man's
Summilux" is now a Russian 50/1.5 and a thread-mount to bayonet adapter.

On Fri, 26 Dec 1997, Joebikes wrote:

> Greetings, LUGers, I am new. I have another question about the f2 50 mm
> Summicron. How does it stack up against older 50 mm lenses, especially the 5cm
> summarit f 1.5. I have the Summarit and use it, but often wonder if I would
> see a difference with the modern f2 lens. I would like the idea of a lighter
> lens. The Summarit weighs a ton. Joe Stephenson.

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart
Written with the assistance of a labrador retriever whose chin is on the
keyboard.  Any typos are his fault.