Subject: [Leica] tripod
From: Damian Dlugolecki <damian@europa.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 22:47:07 -0800 (PST)

I know there was a thread a while back concerning the ideal tripod.  There
was some praise for the Gitzo Mountaineer (G1228 I think).  Any further
experience with the durability and stability of this unit?  How well does
it work on uneven terrain?  I'm looking for something lightweight and yet
stable and adaptable to rough terrain, water, etc.
Thanks and best wishes for the New Year.
Damian