Subject: Re: [Leica] new M6 on the way
From: "Art Searle" <w2nra@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 11:20:29 -0500

Hi LUGnauts,

I was curious what an increase of 18 percent in viewfinder magnification
would make on what I see so I did the math.

Standard M6 with .72 magnification viewfinder
frame percentage of viewfinder:
28mm frame = 100%
35mm frame = 80%
50mm frame = 56%
75mm frame = 37%
90mm frame = 31%
135mm frame = 21%

New M6 with .85 magnification viewfinder
frame percentage of viewfinder:
35mm frame = 100%
50mm frame = 70%
75mm frame = 47%
90mm frame = 39%
135mm frame = 26%

So if you want to see what the difference is going to be looking in the
viewfinder, the 28mm frame will be equal to the 35mm frame (we knew this
without the math) and the 75mm frame in the standard M6 will be very close
to the 90mm frame in the new M6.  The 135mm frame in the new M6 will be
right in between the standard M6 90mm & 135mm frames.

Hope this helps you decide if it's worth it.  For my photo needs I think it
might.

Happy New Year,

Art

Art Searle, W2NRA, w2nra@erols.com, Lake Grove, Long Island, NY, USA
20 miles east of Nikon USA, 62 miles east of Leica USA