Subject: RE: [Leica] tripod
From: Kim Sherman <ksherman@cottenmusic.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 13:00:12 -0600

Doc wrote,

>> This unit is much more compact folded than a Leitz table-pod
and I find it to be just as sturdy.  This little tripod functions as a
shoulder stock and a pistol-grip as well as a table or wall support.<<

Speaking of Leica table-top tripods, I have a question for the esteemed =
members of the group.  For those of you who do use the Leica table-top =
tripod, what do you do to keep the damage/wear to the bottom plate of =
your M-bodies to a minimum.  Do you tape over the bottom plate?  Do you =
put something on the top of the Leica ball-head?  I've just acquired a =
used table-top tripod and both older versions of the small and large =
ball-heads.  i'm loathe, however, to use them until i figure out the =
best way to protect my m-6 and m-2 baseplates.

any comments/advice will be greatly appreciated.

happy holidays to all.  I sure do like being a part of this LUG.

Kim