Subject: Re: [Leica] Importance of Coating Flaw?
From: GCodispoti <GCodispoti@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 17:59:29 EST

<< Perfection would be nicer, of course, but does it seem likely that this
 impinges on any `active' path through the lens, or would otherwise have an
 effect on images?  I'd of course hate to bother schlepping back to the store
 to try for a swap, especially as these puppies seem pretty scarce still.

  -Jeff >>

Hi Jeff:
I will let the experts comment on the prognosis of a flawed coating.  My
comment regards your willingness to settle for less than perfection when you
have paid the high price demanded of you.
Tomorrow I should receive a used 35 ASPH for which I paid $1000, and I can
assure you that I will return it quickly at the slightest sign of defects.  I
think that accepting mediocrity breeds poor quality control on the part of
manufacturers.
Joseph Codispoti