Subject: [Leica] Re: your mail
From: Bruce Feldman <feldman@tuj.ac.jp>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 08:04:09 +0900 (JST)

On Sun, 28 Dec 1997, Hadyn Park Road wrote:

> Most of my photographs are scenic or still lifes. With the M6 I want to get
> out and about in the streets. How do other people go about this while
> minimizing the risks of getting mugged for the camera but without burying
> the M6 so far beneath a jacket that the shot would be gone by the time the
> camera was out. Black tape over the Leica logos? Any hints by email on
> street photography would be welcome.

Cartier-Bresson strapped his to his wrist.  Joel Meyerowitz reports in one
of his books that he saw some thief try to snatch one out of HC-B's
Leica's out of his hand but since it was attached to his wrist he could
not.  Thereupon HC-B actually threw the camera at him to scare him and to
rub in the failed attempt, but of course the Leica just bounced back into
his hand.  HC-B just smiled.

Bruce Feldman