Subject: [Leica] hong kong, bangkok, bali
From: Five Senses Productions <fls@5senses.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 15:01:51 -0800

LUGgers:

I am getting on a 747 tomorrow night with 60 rolls of Velvia, an R8,
a 35/1.4, an 80/1.4, and a Bogen monopod.  I will be visiting Hong
Kong, Bangkok, and southern and central Bali for a few weeks.

A few questions:

Do any LUGgers live in these cities?  Can someone recommend the
best camera shops in these areas where Leica selection and prices
are good?  Has anyone ever bought Leica equipment in these countries?

Any tips for not getting my chrome R8 stolen, and for not standing out like
a sore thumb?  I will be carrying a medium sized backpack for clothing and
film, books, etc., and a waist pack for the R8 and 2 lenses.  I was
planning on
carrying the camera in the waist pack, and pulling it out when I need to
shoot, then returning it to the pack....instead of wearing it around my neck,
ready to be stolen.

Does anyone know how the weather has been in these 3 places lately?  I have
heard that Bangkok is over 90F now, that Bali is about 85F and slightly
rainy, and
that Hong Kong is about 70F.

I'd love to hear from any LUG members in these cities, or anyone who has
taken Leica gear to these places......tell me your experiences and stories!

Francesco
fls@5senses.com

Francesco Sanfilippo,
Five Senses Productions