Subject: Re: [Leica] hong kong, bangkok, bali
From: LP6 <LP6@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 20:33:22 EST

Have travelled to Hong Kong, Bangkok, and Bali, your destinations, throughout
the 1980s and early 1990s, and have never encounered problems photographing.
I usually had a driver to watch my equipment in vans or jeeps.  Initially I
filmed with 16 mm Canonscoopics...then Video, all the while taking still shots
with my Leicas -using mostly R60 mm Macro 2.8;  R80 mm 1.4 and   R28 mm 2.8
lenses-.  Of course their economic bubble has burst  recently and my friends
inform me crime is up, (Nothing like Mexico or South Ameriaca!)  and so I'd be
more cautious these days, and more inclined to have my own driver who speaks
the native languages!

Have fun,  safe Journey,
    Leon
    LP6@aol.com