Subject: Re: [Leica] shutter light leaks
From: CHKARNES <CHKARNES@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 01:22:44 EST

ted,

I have two M3s in Exc++ condition, and an older Leica with serial number
2817xx that my oldest brother bought in Yokahama, Japan in December, 1945. It
has the F/2 Summar lens on it. I've just had it CLA'd, and it's like new. My
brother probably didn't shoot more than 5 rolls with it in the 52 years that
he had it. I'm told by another LUGer that it is a model IIIb from 1938. Does
anyone have any additional information about this serial number: 2817xx?

The lens' serial number is 410076. I think it was made in 1937.

Charlie