Subject: Re: [Leica] Slides
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 09:20:45 -0600

At 10:53 PM 12/31/97 -0800, you wrote:

>Fuji so far appears to be the only one that writes "slide film" on the

Slide films from Kodak, Agfa and Fuji use "chrome" in the name (Kodachrome,
Ektachrome, Fujichrome, Agfachrome) to indicate what it is, and "color" for
negative film.

>I know that I can get slides made from print film.  In fact in the not
>too distance past I have received prints, slides and films-on-disk all
>from the same print negatives.  But I do not know if you can do all
>three from slide film.    Dale

That's Seattle Film Works, no doubt. Horrible film. It's negative film. You
can make slides from any neg film. And you CAN make prints from slide film,
but at the consumer level, quality will be non-existent. SFW uses the ends
of film shot in movie cameras. It is terribly inconsistent. Every movie
crew always does clip tests before processing a roll so they know what
adjustments to make in processing, so consistency isn't as important. So
this 5247 film (or whatever numbers they're using now) is remainder film.
Not what you want to be using with your Leica glass.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Pi R Squared? No Pi R round, Cornbread R Square!