Subject: Re: [Leica] E55 filter - thread??
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 00:47:05 -0500

At 10:47 PM 1/2/98 CST, Dick Hemingway wrote:
>A question has come up whether the Leica E55 filter thread (M55 x 0.75)
>is the same as the standard 55mm filter thread.  I think maybe it is -
>but can't find any information on the standard 55 thread.
>
>Or to put it another way - will standard 55mm filters (non-Leica) fit on
>a Leica lens that takes an E55 filter??

Dick

I recall that the standard 55mm thread is 0.75mm:  up to 40.5mm, 0.5mm is
standard, then 0.75mm to 60mm, then 1mm above that.  I am NOT certain and
my references are currently in disarray.  But it would be a matter of $10
to buy a Tiffen filter from your village camera store to check it out.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!