Subject: Re: [Leica] APO 2x extender
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 15:00:27 -0800

Eric Welch wrote:

> At 08:40 AM 1/3/98 -0800, you wrote:
> >Help! When I attach the above device between the bodies of my R7 and R8
> >and my 180 mm APO lens, the viewfinder suddenly does not contain the set
> >aperture setting and appears to lose other details as well. Do any LUG
> >members know why? Thanks!
>
> Because the aperture is no longer in the view of the "periscope" that views
> the aperture and lets you see it in the viewfinder, it's at the other end
> of the converter.
> ==========
I used to have a cheapy Vivitar doubler and it had a linked ring at the
camera end so you could see the Aperture in the finder of a Nikon.
Course, it only cost $50 or so.  I have Vivitar set of extension tubes
that work the same way.  They cost less many years ago.  But not for use
on a body with new contacts.

donal
- --
Donal Philby