Subject: [Leica] R zoom lens...
From: Lucien_vD <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 06:34:30 -0500

spaniel

>Have any LUG members bought and used the 80-200 mm VARIO-ELMAR-R f/4
>zoom lens yet? If so, I would appreciate your viewpoints, for after
>using fixed focal range lenses with my R4 and R7 at dog, car, and other
>shows, I've missed wanted shots because I had to spend time changing
>lenses to either rid the frame of excessive surrounding objects or
>enable tele capture of specific details. One of my concerns with the VE
>f/4 is the maximum aperture of f/4, especially with a concomitant loss
>of 2 aperture settings (down to f/8) with the R-extender.

I use both but not together.
The 80-200/4 is a excellent lens with a minimum focusing distance of 1,1 =
m.
Really the most convenient for a trip. Work perfectly with a Polarizer.
But with the Extender 2X, the quality is still there but the ease is gone=
=2E
Maybe it's better with a Uniform Ground Glass Screen.
To bad there is no Extender 1,4X for that lens (and a lot of other)

Lucien
BELGIUM