Subject: Re: [Leica] Any suggestions please?
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 15:29:47 -0500

My wife has an RE and the 28-70 and she likes it just fine. I've used it
also but prefer M cameras so my experience is limited. Her gear was
purchased new and we paid $1000 for the RE and $950 for the lens. (USA
import with full passport)

kw

>Hello LUGgers,
>
>I was offered a Leica SL plus a 2/50 Summicron for $625. And a Leica
>RE plus a Vario Elmar 28-70 for $2000. The SL has got minor scratches
>and a few unfortunate cleaning marks. Not on the lens, though. The RE
>is new, as in New In The Box. I like the RE, but think the SL price is
>more reasonable.
>
>Could you please help me take the right kind of decisions..
>
>Leo Verwoerd <leover@knoware.nl>

- ----
LHSA, MEA, LAW                         preferred--->
<wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
                                              <kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>