Subject: Re: [Leica] 40-400 Angie zoom?
From: TEAShea <TEAShea@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 21:38:43 EST

>Isn'there a 35-350 Canon lens which I understand doesn't cost a tremendous
amount of dollars.

Canon makes an EF 35-350 L series lens which costs about $2000 (US).  It is a
fine achievement, but no lens with a 10x zoom range can be really sharp across
the board.  This lens gives better performance at the shorter focal lengths.
I tried one out for my system but decided that it was not quite sharp enough
for my purposes.  It is rather popular with press photographers because of its
versatility.  One of the third party lens makers (Tamron or Tokina) has just
come out with a 35-300.

Tom Shea