Subject: Re: [Leica] 40-400 Angie zoom?
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 21:54:36 -0800

ted grant wrote:
> Hi Donal,
>
> Isn'there a 35-350 Canon lens which I understand doesn't cost a tremendous
> amount of dollars. But then it's not Angienieux glass either.
>
> I recall looking through one at the Barcelona Olympics and just about felt
> I was knocked of my feet "visually" because another photographer zoomed it
> from 35 to 350 very quickly and I wasn't expecting it. A quite amazing
> effect.
>
> Now if someone were to put a to-day dollar value on a Leica lens of that
> design everyone on the LUG would have to kick in a pile of money to be
> owned by the LUG and we could share it around the world. :)

Great Idea.  Sent it here first and just the moment I'm finished I'll
send it on to you.  Then you can sent it on . . . .  I'll probably get
to you about the same time as your R8 with motordrive gets to me on
loan.  Would it be an APOASPH or an ASPHAPO?  Or an AaSpPoH?  Or
A-PO-SPH.  And it would be a SuperVario.

donal

- --
Donal Philby
San Diego