Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanners
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 22:50:45 -0800

> From: Woodwrkng
> Does anyone have knowlege as to the advantage (if there is any) to
> photoscanners.. vs a regular flatbed  scanner?  Also is there a place on
the
> web where folks that have found out the hard way (what the difference is)
can
> sell their used merchendise...classified adds for scanners etc..

Gary - there is a list-server similar to the LUG re scanner info at
scan@leben.com -I think you just do a "subscribe" in the body.

Also, for a mini-course on scanning try the web site at
http://www.cyberramp.net/~fulton/scans.html#menu.

Some of the most praise I've seen for a medium priced scanner is the Nikon
Coolscan II ($1500). The HP Photosmart is getting a lot of raves, too,
especially at only $500. For slides, I have not taken the plunge yet, but
hope to get involved with scanning transparencies sometime soon.

Gary Todoroff