Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanners
From: Claes Bjerner <claes.bjerner@pi.se>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 98 12:05:16 -0000

>Some of the most praise I've seen for a medium priced scanner is the Nikon
>Coolscan II ($1500). The HP Photosmart is getting a lot of raves, too,
>especially at only $500. For slides, I have not taken the plunge yet, but
>hope to get involved with scanning transparencies sometime soon.
>
>Gary Todoroff

I agree with the praise for Nikon=B4s LS-20, or Coolscan II, but for =
US$1500 you can get a Nikon LS-1000 SuperCoolscan. The LS-20 go for =
much less than half that price.

Whatever film scanner one buys it=B4s important to get the right =
driver software. Today LaserSoft=B4s SilverFast is ahead. Nikon=B4s =
own scanner software is somehow very limited.

Claes