Subject: [Leica] M6 0.85 & glasses
From: Gerd.Hechtfischer@t-online.de (Gerd Hechtfischer)
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 19:40:33 +-100

Dear LUGers,

the possibility to have a bigger viewfinder image with the
new 0.85 viewfinder sounded great to me. I have no 28mm
Leica lens, only an old Isco -Westron and the 35 is my
favorite focal length. (I have both a Summaron and Summicron).
But another important point is: With my current M6, I can
see the whole 35mm frame with my glasses on. When I
switch to the 28mm frame, I have to take off my glasses to
see the entire frame. Of course, I prefer taking pictures with
the glasses on. I guess, (and maybe someone with an M6J or
one of the first M6-0.85 can confirm) that the 0.85 rangefinder
will not allow to see the whole 35mm frame, which is the outermost
then, when you wear glasses. I will try this, as soon as the
M6-0.85 is available in the shops. If it does not work, for people
with glasses the current viewfinder might be better even when you  don't use the 28mm frame.

Gerd