Subject: Re: [Leica] Don Chatteron Camera Inc.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 23:01:54 -0600

At 08:20 PM 1/7/98 -0800, you wrote:

>So I ended-up ordering nothing.  My question is, Why is Chatteron held in
>such apparent high esteem by members of this group?

I think the group would like to know so I'm posting here. Don Chatterton is
an honest dealer and not obsessed with the minutia, I suspect, of relative
rarity of old lenses. Us users don't mind that he can't spend his day
advising on lenses that he's not buying. Or were you offering it to him in
trade?

Would you expect to walk into a car dealer and have him price out a car
you'll sell somewhere else?

Don is a no-nonsense guy, sells quality equipment at a bit better prices
than some other dealers. So I like him. I like Tamarkin too.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Common sense is that layer of prejudices laid down in the mind prior to the
age of eighteen.

Albert Einstein