Subject: [Leica] Newbie M6 question
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 03:39:53 -0500

I've stepped in last week, after 15 years of hesitations. Of course, I'm
going through all forms of manipulation of my new toy. And I have 1
specific question I have seen no trace of in all the literature and Usene=
archives: when I trigger the shutter at 1/15th and 1/30th of a sec, I get=

an aftermath of small, gradually silencing mechanical "noises" during wha=
seems like the better of 1 sec. This does not happen between 1/1000 th an=
d =

x sync. While from 1/8 down, the mechanism makes the characteristic  moti=
on
work noise of slow speeds. =

My question is : is the aftermath "noise" at 1/15 and 1/30  normal ? And
why ?

Thanks beforehand for your clarifications !

Alan
Brussels-Belgium.