Subject: [Leica] Speaking of new/used Leica dealers ...
From: "David P. Freedman" <dpfreedman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 10:33:37 -0500

Over the last day or so there's been a threadlet on the LUG regarding a
specific well-known Leica dealer and the issue of customer service. I
have nothing to add to the thread but this does seem like an opportune
time for me to inject a plug for a dealer I believe to be outstanding.

I've recently completed my first transaction with Sam Shoshan of Classic
Connection and couldn't have been more satisfied.  Sam was patient,
extremely knowledgable and, most significantly to me, brutally honest
about the condition of the item I was interested in. A lens that anyone
else (myself included!) would have rated as mint, he rated mint-. He
researched the age of the optic for me and even went so far as to
examine the internal lens elements with a flashlight while I was on the
phone with him, reporting a possible slight defect of the edge coating.

The bottom line:  I bought the lens (a 15mm Super-Elmar) and couldn't be
happier.

By the way, you folks who offered opinions of the Super-Elmar were right
on the money; ZOUNDS what a lens! The only down side: nothing screams
"steal me" quite like a black R8 body with the 15 mounted.

Dave Freedman