Subject: Re: [Leica] r6 and r6.2
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 98 10:34:25 -0500

Ferdinand U. LuDo wrote

>Just real quick: what is the difference between the two ? And is the R6 is
>as good?

Ferdinand,

I had the same question a few months ago and decided on the R6...again.
I used to have 2 of them and this is the 3rd R6 I have owned and I love
the body.  The limitation on only a 1/1000 top shutter speed is not that
great of a thing IMO.  If however you frequently shoot at ultra high
speeds you will not like this limit.  The R6 and 6.2 are both fully
manual and on the 6 at least (I have no experience with the 6.2) the
meter is excellent and it has been my experience to date that it is even
more accurate than the R8 meter.

If you have any more questions pleas ask away and I'll try to answer them.

Cheers,

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto