Subject: Re: [Leica] Black Star -- The Book
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 98 23:05:16 -0500

WILLIAM CALDWELL wrote

>My local book store, Border's [telephone:(703) 998-0404], has
>it on sale for $29.98 plus VA sales tax of 4.5%

This is a good price on the book.  I got one of the advance copies
directly through Black Star and it cost me a little more than this.  I
guess since I shoot for them I got to pay a premium for the book, but
mine is personally signed by the editorial director, Anh, and VP, Ben
Chapnick. :)

I HIGHLY recommend the book.  It is one of the best I have ever seen, and
I am not letting my biases toward Black Star show by saying this.  The
book is written in English, French, and German and was printed in Germany
so you European folks run out and get a copy also!

At 29.98 it is a steal, as I have seen coffee table books of equal
quality go for twice this or more.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto