Subject: Re: [Leica] Angenieux - ZOOM for LeicaFlex - Query
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 00:08:06 -0600

At 06:31 PM 1/10/98 -0500, you wrote:

>One item in particular I am curious about as to utility/quality and value
is a ZOOM lens with "LENS MADE IN FRANCE
>FOR LEITZ - LEICAFLEX" on its barrel. It is further barrel identified with
>"P.. ANGENIEUX PARIS     ANGENIEUX-ZOOM 1:2.8 / 45-90 mm (Serial #:
"No1237911". Is it a "keeper"?

Harry,

You bet. It's a big, clumsy lens, but pretty good optically for its day
(and expensive). It's color rendition is noticeably warmer than other true
Leica lenses. It was the first zoom for Leica cameras. And not terribly
popular, from what I've heard.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Cooperation can only be reached if we work together