Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] minolta XG-M or X...
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 20:25:37

At 14:03 11/01/98 -0500, you wrote:
>If I remember rightly the Minolta XG-M was the one where they designed in
>an anti-exposure device so that if the camera was about to overexpose or
>underexpose the shot due to being at the top or bottom of the cameras
>exposure range, it stopped you taking that picture by locking the shutter.
>--Joe Berenbaum
>Joe,
>I still use an XG-M and never experienced the above. The XG-M does have a
>pressure sensitive shutter release button that activates the meter. If your
>finger isn't on the button, the meter won't read. The XG-M is an excellent
>camera. I'm looking for a case for it. I particularly like it's 50mm lens,
>as>good as any 50mm Nikon or even Leica makes.
>Bob R

I suppose it's possible that [1] I'm thinking of the wrong model but
possibly [2] the XG-M may not have been the same camera in the UK. I
remember a dealer telling me about this wonderful new feature and how silly
I thought it was. I would swear it was called the XG-M...
Someone posted the UK and USA designations for those different models not
so long ago- maybe I can find it. Not that this is red hot news though ;-)

Joe Berenbaum