Subject: Re: [Leica] Fewer frames in M6 viewfinder ?
From: George Berger <gberger@his.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 17:22:07 -0500

>The only "modification" I ever try was in order to use the 75mm
>without being disturbate by the 50mm frame. It was to make a mask
>with black tape the same size as the 75mm frame on the viewfinder
>then totally masked the frames window (middle window) with black tape.
>
>Result = You only see the 75mm field in the viewfinder.
>But you loose the parallax compesation and the hability to see
>oustide of the field (one of the Leica M strength)
>And it is not very convenient and it is expensive to have one camera
>for one lens  :-)

Lucien -

The reticule in the old 90mm chrome brightline viewfinder (circa 1965??)
just fits the 75mm. The corner indices inside of the frame just fit the
90mm. Don't ask why. I just know that it worked that way with my 75mm (now
with another owner) and works that way with my 90 mm Elmarit. If I fill the
frame, using the 90, it tends to cut off the tops of heads, etc.

Another option: Focus, then switch the frameline lever to bring up the 90mm
frame. Compose *very* tightly! <grin>. It works 95% of the time at
distances beyond a couple of meters.

George

George Berger
gberger@his.com