Subject: [Leica] 70-210/4 vs.80-200/4
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 10:35:15 -0500

Ferdinand wrote:

<<<<<is it worth paying the 80-200/4? I've heard from the brochure that the
performance of the 80-200/4 can match or come close to that of fixed focal
lens ?>>>>>

Ferdinand,

From what I understand and my own experience with the new Leica zoom
lenses, if you can't afford the 70-180 2.8 (an awesome lens for glass and
workmanship) that the 80-200 f.4 is a very fine lens and comparable to
prime lenses.

The zooms prouced by Leica these days is a mega far cry from some of the
wiggly ones they made (well the Japanese built them) several years ago.

The zoom lenses of today are as different as midnight to high noon for
quality all around.

go for it if you can get a good price.:)

ted