Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Fotografie 1/98
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 06:18:06 +0000

At 08:42 PM 14/1/98 -0000, you wrote:

>>There is a very nice photo essay called Montebello Project on police work
>>by Mark Berndt using the M6 and high speed B&W film.
>>
>>Dan K.
>
>As you all can see Dan Khong in Singapore already has received his Jan/Feb
issue of Leica Fotografie. And today I found mine in the mail here in
Stockholm.=20

>When will it reach our fellow North American LUGgers?=20
>
>This first issue of the year includes an articel about the new R8
Motor-Winder, another story regarding the Pradovit projectors, a news story
about the re-introduction of the Leica Winder M and also a test result of
Ektachrome E200 Professional. Plus, of course, many other articels and lots
of beautiful pictures. See for yourselves whenever you get this new Leica
magazine!=20

>On the cover the publisher wishes us all a Happy New Year! Today is
January 14! The envelope was stamped in France December 26. But it=B4s also
stamped "ECONOMIQUE"! My issue probably came to Sweden by train.=20

>But don=B4t despair, over there, your own magazines will probably be brough=
to a port not too far away and loaded on the very first "eqonomique" boat
to Amerika - ASAP! But how did Dan Khong get it so quickly? Over to you Dan!

Hi Claes

The envelope was post dated as 26 Dec 97.  It is also stamped Economique.
I suspect it could be sent by as system similar to "WorldMail" used by
Amazon books in the US. =20

I am guessing that a company that handles the delivery is not the regular
PO mail service but a courier company that ships only when a certain target
volume of mail for that particular destination is reached.  Then the
regular mail service in that country takes over the final stages of the
delivery.  Similarly Amazon books ships to me by WorldMail but my friendly
postman delivers the item.

The 1/98 Leica Fotografie is most likely somewhere in the US.  Internal
mail might be taking its time.  I remember how the LHSA Viewfinder reaches
me faster than some of the LUG members in the US. =20

Dan K.