Subject: [Leica] [off topic] Contax G list
From: Simon Ogilvie <simon_ogilvie@ionica.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 16:52:26 -0000

I subscribed to the Contax G list a couple of days ago, and
got the usual acknowledgement of successful signon, but
that was my last message from it!  Does anyone happen
to know anything about the list and whether it is active or
not?

Not that I'm a Contax G user, but I am interested in a
comparison of the Leica M system with the Contax G
(particularly in terms of lens quality), and was hoping to
gain some insight from "lurking".  If anyone has any
relevant information (hard facts preferable!) eg MTF
graph comparisons I would be very interested to hear
from you - privately if you feel it is off topic.  Also if
there is any similar information on the Konica Hexar
lens I would be grateful for that too.

Thanks.
Simon.

Ionica, Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 4AS