Subject: Re: [Leica] Rapidwinder site
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 22:04:51 -0800

> Tom A wrote:
>
>  Hans skickade en kopia pa ditt email till honom, tack for invitationen
och
> hoppas vi ses senare i ar. Skall lata dig veta om handgreppet pa windern.
> Jag har gjort nagra for mig sjalv som experiment. Forsenat Gott Nytt
Ar>>>>
>
> This is completely off topic! :) :) :) :)
>
> Do you folks wonder what is written?  Do you know what?     It's.........
>
> ..........."The beautiful international flavour of the LUG!!!!"
>
> ted

It's not only "flavor", Ted, but a tempting hint from Tom about a possible
handgrip for the Rapidwinder. He has already done something for himself as
an experiment. Can't keep secrets on the Internet, Tom!

Tom and I first met at LHSA Tucson over a beer and an old copy of my
KameraBild brochure. He knew about half the Stockholm photographers whom I
had worked with in 1967-68. Tom even let me practice my rusty Swedish a
bit. On our second meeting at LHSA in Charlotte, I bought a black winder
for my black M2 - that combination has drawn a few puzzled looks and
admiring glances.

Maybe Leica should announce its newest products from Canada in Swedish.
Tom, you could be setting a trend! (BTW, Tom, I talked with Skip Allen in
Pittsburgh last night - someone in his neighborhood needs to help set him
up on the Internet and the LUG!)

Gary Todoroff