Subject: [Leica] Multi-Pop
From: Myers Pete <MyersPete@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 03:01:36 EST

Donal's post about loosing clients, keeping clients and trying to make it all
work, might have made it to the LUG by mistake, but I enjoyed reading it. Its
nice to know that we all have the same problems day to day.

I am a fine arts photographer. That has been my sole profession since 1993.
Like Donal's clients, galleries and museums are just as insane to work with
day to day. And like his experience in wondering if the recession is really
over, so too in the fine art world. The galleries have been in a slump and
have been running scared for a long time now. When they get scared, they get
a&*l retentive. And, they cling to the dead works and dont deal with the
living. Getting them to return your call, leave alone give you a show, becomes
a major challenge.

But, I have yet to run in to one person that has ever found 'easy money' with
their hard work. Its nice to hear others day to day struggles and makes one
feel not so singled out.

Lets hope 1998 brings some sun to the LUG and we all do well this year.

Pete