Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Don't quit you night job!
From: George Berger <gberger@his.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 18:30:27 -0500

>Over a cold beer I would hear how he had lost a local job because there was
>no one in town that was good enough to shoot it. The client would then call
>Blackstar in NY  and  have a "good" photographer do the job. Well, you know
>who ended up shooting it don't you? Somehow he was much better at his craft
>when the call came from NY .

David-

Photograpy isn't the only occupation that suffers from the "out-of-town"
syndrome. In my former life,the Pentagon relied on "experts," who merely
turned out to be insufferable jerks (with  briefcases and wing tips)  from
either Boston or Berkeley.  (However, the Berkeley contingent *didn't*
condescend to wear ties!)

George

George Berger
gberger@his.com