Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Don't quit you night job!
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 15:54:21 -0800

David,

thanks for the nice post on not quiting your day job.  Like you, I am
unemployable, having been self employed for 20 some years.

I typically get these frustrations on a regular basis.  It was just that
these came all at once while other clients were slow paying, quarterly
taxes are due (today), my stock agency (FPG) was recently bought by an
English conglomerate and I'm not sure where things are going but I can't
imagine the photographers benefiting, and younger daughter had called
about university tuition fee additions, and so on.  Usually I am pretty
numb to it all and just move on.

BTW, I love where you live.  A beautiful spot.  Was there this summer.
My favorite client is nearby in Arlington--US Marine that makes
Bayliner, Maxum and so on.  I was on Whidbey once in the spring and once
this last summer on two different trips to Arlington.

I'd love to know who the Black Star shooter was/is.  I am considering
contacting them for representation.  I am wanting to get back to more
and more editorial and they have ways to market essays plus stock to
magazines and textbooks and they can probably get me good corporate
assignments to fund the rest.  Harrison McClarry on the LUG is a Black
Star shooter as is Fred Ward (though he is off the LUG currently and has
been traveling).

Guess now I have an excuse next time I'm in Arlington to take a trip to
Whidbey.

donal
- --
Donal Philby