Subject: [Leica] telephoto adaptor TO-R
From: "Christoph Held" <Held@biologie.uni-bielefeld.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 15:28:23 GMT+0100

Dear all,
being new to this list I apologize for raising a question about an
accessory from the R-system. I am a biologist and dedicated
birdwatcher and have been carrying a fieldscope along with long teles
for a long time. I came across the adapter mentioned in the subject
line which converts a telephoto lens into a spotting scope,
basically. There are some third party products, but they are of
unacceptably bad quality.

I am aware of the fact that there will be a trade-off of some kind
(smaller field of vision, I would presume), but does anybody have
first hand experience he/she would be willing to communicate? I would
appreciate any input.

Christoph Held
held@biologie.uni-bielefeld.de